Olympic Peninsula, Wa

Olympic Peninsula, Wa

Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

It's been a while...

     It's been a while since I last posted...
     OK, so all the algae is dead, yay! :D Hank and I pressure washed the concrete around the pool and it looks a lot better but that got a lot of dirt in the pool, which I wasn't happy about, but thats mostly been filtered out now. The water is still pretty cloudy, but you can see to the bottom of the shallow end, finally. This Thursday I'll put the PH increaser and the Powerfloc in and we'll vacuume it again this weekend. After that we'll put in the filter aids so the tiny particles can be filtered out and hopefully that will make the water nice and clear. :)
     In non pool related news.... my sister had abdominal surgery for an intestinal blockage. The surgery went great and she's doing very well. She's home now, and feeling good. :) Apparantly she had some scar tissue from her last surgery that got wrapped around part of her intestine. That is what was causing the blockage. They fixed that and took out her appendix as well. I'm so glad that she's doing well! :)
     I burned my hand on Monday. I unplugged the cord from our electric skillet and the super hot metal prong touched the palm of my right hand and my hand, for whatever reason, closed tight around it. It was burning my hand for 3 full seconds before I could let go. Ouch! :( That finally healed enough for me to use my hand yesterday. Of course I would burn the palm of my right hand.... I realized that I'm not good at doing anything with my left hand... :( At least it's all better now :) However, now I'm sick. My sinuses are so stuffed up it's rediculous and I'm just miserable. I was going to go letterboxing with Tia on Tuesday, but it looks like that's not gonna happen now. I had a fever yesterday, but at least it's gone today :) With any luck I'll feel ok by tomorrow. I'm thinking about visiting some friends in Shoreline this week, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to... I guess that's pretty much what's been going on since my last post, I'm going to try to keep up on my blog a bit better from now on, thanks to everyone who's been reading it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment